Directions: The northern access is 20km south from Grong Grong, off the Old Wagga Road.
Facilities: Camping, swimming, boat access, shade, toilets, BBQ, table and seats, shore based fishing
Directions: 6km west from Narrandera along the Sturt Highway, turn into Buckingbong Road at the Narrandera Fisheries sign. Proceed for another 7km to the entrance of the reserve on the left.
Facilities: Camping, swimming, boat access, shade, bins, BBQ, table and seats
Five Mile Reserves
Directions: 7km east from Narrandera along the Old Wagga road.
Facilities: Swimming, boat access, shade, bins, BBQ, table and seats
Murrumbidgee Valley Regional Park, Narrandera precinct
Directions: The entrance is located 1.1km along the Sturt Highway west of Gillenbah and 200m from the old railway viaduct. This reserve straddles the river. in addition to Nobles Bend (which is on the South of the River), there is access to the northern side of the reserve via McLay’s Rd.
Facilities: Camping, swimming, boat access, shore-based fishing, shade.
Directions: 3km east from Narrandera along the Old Wagga Road.
Facilities: Camping, swimming, boat access, shade, bins, BBQ, tables and seats
Murrumbidgee Valley National Park, MIA 1 precinct
Directions: Graham’s Grave entrance is along Irrigation Way, 6.2km west of Paynters Siding Road
Facilities: Alongside the Murrumbidgee River. Camping, swimming, boat access, shade, short- based fishing.
Barellan Showground also offers short term stays for caravans, campervans and tent camping.
Directions: Grong Grong is situated 21km east of Narrandera on the Newell Highway. Free short term RV camping is available at the Grong Grong Park and also behind the Royal Hotel. Shower and toilet amenities are available at the park.
Facilities: Camping, tables, showers and toilets
You are welcome to picnic or camp in the state forests or National Parks, however please observe these simple rules:
- Please clean up and take all your garbage with you or put it in a pit where provided.
- Please bury all nightsoil at least 100metres from any stream, waterhole or campsite.
- Please dispose of unwanted bait or fish at least 100 metres from camping areas.
- Fires are NOT permitted from 1 December to 31 March. Please report any fires during these months.
- Please be careful with fire and cooking appliances at all times of the year.
- Please make sure that your fire is out when you leave.
- Please make a two metre wide firebreak around your camp.
- Please do not leave any fire unattended.
- Please do not camp below large tree.